Tuesday, July 28, 2009

OH Hey

Due to the lack of substance in the blog lately I figured I would man up and actually post something that contains more than a suckout or some random whining about a tourney hand (we do run terrible in these god forsaken things though). I'm going to try to keep this blog post less about poker and more about life. I was thinking about what I want to share to these random people exactly what is going on in my life. But after I thought more about it I realized its not like we have random people actually reading the blog. We aren't getting 2 million hits a day or anything, a huge percentage of the people reading this are my close friends or family. So I guess I can open up a little bit. 


This summer has been unlike any other in my life. I started the summer with no job and a tiny amount of money. Early-middle of the summer I had a job (that lasted like 3 weeks) and was playing poker more seriously than I ever had before and had the most money I had ever had. Then one of the turning points in my life happened. I became friends with Zack Caldwell and he convinced me to go Las Vegas, Nevada with him. We went to Vegas and balled out. I mean we spent boatloads. The trip was great and I absolutely would not trade it for anything. But needless to say all of us came back with a little (or a lot) less money. Not because of poker, just because we lived like millionaires  for what was intended to be 4 days, but turned out to be 2 weeks. Poker didn't go great, but it wasn't awful either. I'm guessing I was anywhere from up or down a couple hundred, but boy were there some swings. It was a great trip though with countless stories that can be saved for another posts. 

In the next week I will be moving in with Zack and Ebe into the Estate. I'm pretty pumped about this obviously and looking forward to helping run the game. Also Zack and Ebe are pretty cool characters, who I get along with, and this is the first year of my life where I won't be living with my family or Rash, so thats obviously pretty cool. (Kidding) I will begin taking classes again back at NCSU next fall and hopefully improve on my scholastic track record. I am planning on booking some huge bets GPA bets so if any of you clowns want some free money lets set something up. Also, I am freerolling Zack and Ebe for 20$ every time they catch me missing a class (I am allowed 3 absences in each class, but I have to pay when I go over). So hopefully I will actually try in school this year so I can have a future, and to avoid costing myself boatloads of ched. Honestly, going back to real school kind of scares me. I simply can not afford a semester of like last fall. I know I'm smart enough to dominate school its just that I am literally the laziest person to ever attend a university. But hey, if Zack made it this far I guess there is hope for me too. I have a few habits I have to change though. I'm notorious for going to bed at 7am and getting up at 4pm, and this absolutely has to change. (Check the time stamp on this blog for a good laugh) But hopefully all goes well.  As far as poker goes, I really haven't been playing all. This is partly due to my semi-busto state and I just really haven't wanted to play. I've found that these long breaks really get you back in the mood to grind. So hopefully when I start playing again I will be putting in some actual hours. 



Tomorrow is the 2/5 game at Finns. Thursday is Finns going away/ our move in party. And we move in this weekend. Also tomorrow I am finally going to the DMV to get my new liscense and hopefully talk to NCSU and register for classes. (I know I should have already registered, spare me)



Later Cats


1 comment:

  1. The best part about reading this on August 8th is knowing that you haven't gone to the DMV or registered for classes yet. But hey, at least you're on top of things.

    - Ebe

    ReplyDelete