Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Death of a Blog

Well, since my last incredibly short post on Wednesday nobody else has posted. It appears as though the blog is dying, but in a heroic effort I intend to write a dominant blog today in hopes of saving this site. So here goes.....

Since thursday I've been hanging out in VA with my g/f and it's been pretty dominant and very relaxing. We went to the Brad Paisley concert on Friday night and it was surprisingly great. It wasn't that I didn't think it would be a great concert, but I guess I'm trying to say that I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I'm not all that firmiliar with Brad Paisley, but I had a blast at the concert and it was the most fun I've had in a long long time (Although multiple trips for beer could have had a little something to do with that). I've also been eating great....maybe a little too great. I think I've gained 8 pounds since Mindy and I started dating about 5 months ago, although I intend to drop that starting tomorrow because I'm going on a massive health kick. I've decided to devote a minimum of two hours to doing some type of cardio activity every day. I'm also going to eat no more than 2500 calories a day, and I'm gonna really try hard to only eat 1800-2000. I know some of you are saying "wow 2500, that's alot" and you might be right, however when I routinely consume 4000+, 2500 seems pretty low.

Oh, and yesterday we went to Mayberry to hang out with Ryan and Jenna. It was pretty good and very relaxing. We just hung out and lived the dream mostly. It was good to see them because since Ryan moved I really don't get to see him much. I feel like I've been out doing so much the last few days that I haven't played hardly any poker. I did play a short session online the other day while Mindy was in the shower and I managed to lose a quick 500 playing PLO. I won't bore you with the details, but now I can officially say I'm busto online. I didn't have much in there to start with because everytime I've taken a bad beat recently I've cashed out almost my whole roll....but now it sucks because I'm going to have to make a deposit. Oh well. I will say that lately I've been playing a lot more tournaments than cash games and I've really enjoyed it. I've also done pretty well and that might be the reason I've enjoyed it so much. The reason I switched the cash was for a few reasons....1. PLO cash games are great and I feel like there's boatloads of money to be made. 2. Tournaments are so time consuming and even though I feel like they are very profitable, they also take forever. 3. There's nothing in the world more frustrating than to beat 99% of a field and play for 5 hours to make $70. Don't get me wrong, I'll never complain about money, but it just seems like it's not worth all the time and frustration.

Today I think I might play the 1.5 million on Stars, but I really haven't decided yet. I've never done particularly well in that tournament for some reason, but I intend to change all that today. I'll keep yall posted on how I'm doing and hopefully I'll make a big score. Anyways, talk to yall later.


-Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment