Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gotta get dat boom boom...BOOM!

4 guys...one bankroll. That's pretty much how it goes around here. The official Raleigh grind began last Monday when Nick and I moved back into College Inn. We had high hopes for our lives as poker players, but let's just say we did not get off to the best of starts. The week began with Mazin and I (mostly "I") losing $1,100 at one of the softest 1/3 nl games in the state and Nick losing another $200 online. "We've been here for 6 hours and we've lost more than half our bankroll," I told Mazin. This was not the start we had envisioned. These losses, of course, led to some crazy talk amongst the team. I told Mazin and Nick I was going to quit (funny). Nick told me and Mazin that he was going to look for a job (more funny). And Mazin told me and Nick that he was a pimp and that all the girls in the world love him (has nothing to do with the situation at hand, I know, but this is just what he says all the time...go figure). These were the bad times: total winnings: -$1,500ish. Ew.

Well, we plodded through the next couple days with nothing exciting to speak of. Then, one night, we got a break. It was me, Nick and Zack hanging out in our apartment. Mazin had run off to a "undisclosed location" for the night and would not be present for said "break" (a decision I'm sure he now regrets). It was about 1:30am when we decided to fire up a $75 tournament on Full Tilt and chop the buy-in three ways. Approximatley 7 hours later at around 8 in the morning, we had won $3,400 for our second place finish. $1,160 for me, $1,160 for Nick, $1,160 for Zack and $0 for Mazin....lol. This was the huge for us at the time. We got some confidence back, put some cash monies in our wallets and then slept til 4:30 in the afternoon. It was great. Total winnings: +$2,400

A couple days later, I won a $120 20-man donkathon at a home game in Cary for $1,100. Besides the fact that this tournament structure riviled that of an online super-turbo, there was not a single competent player in the field. This, accompanied with the fact that I run like pure, hot, sweet, sexy gold in live games (most of the time) allowed me to win. I took half and Mazin and Nick each got 1/4 of the win as we had agreed to do before the tournament. Total winnings: +3,500. These are the better times.

Since that time, we've a lost a little bit in some live games and won a little bit as well...making us about even over the past few days.

We've got a good thing going here. We've got the guy who runs better than anyone on the planet (Zack), a huge nit (myself), a calling station (Mazin) and a guy who is somewhere in between all of that (Nick). To top it all off, each of us thinks we are the best in the group which makes for a competitive atmosphere.

Nick, Mazin and Zack are playing golf right now (which actually means that Nick is playing golf, Zack is trying to play golf and Mazin is saying something about someone's butthole in the middle of their backswing) and I think and Austin and I are about to clean the apartment. We are all going to the Estate tonight to play some cards. I'm sure we'll be posting the results of tonight's session either tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully I'll cooler all these clowns and win some monkies.

God bless!

-Jon-

1 comment:

  1. Its nice to see the exploits of my 3 favorate players (and Mazin)--Let Caldwell know Football season is upon us and We all know what that means--Okla and the over and Fla money line Cash $$$$

    Hope alls well and you guys are all safe--

    ReplyDelete