Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Brook Status: Still Dry.

Standard Bull for me again tonight. Bought in short at Greggs 1/2 game because I'm laughably broke. I enjoyed a small upswing for the first hour. Yes, that's right, I was actually winning. But then it was back to brutality for me. 

I had top and middle on Ted's crazy flush and that cost me a decent amount of ched. I then picked up what I like to call, bone central. Raise from a monster whale on the button and I look down at 2 black queens. "Come to me mama!" I screamed as I made a huge 3-bet to $22. Without the slightest bit of hesitation the monster fish snapped off my raise. "All we need now is a nice flop and all the money is goin' in, Mom!" I repeated to myself in my head. A 4 7 rainbow. Hm. Not exactly what I was looking for but hey, I've seen worse. I check, the guy checks back. Turn 3. I check again, just horny to get to showdown. $15 is the thrillingly laughable bet sizing that the clown comes up with on the turn. I grudgingly put in the call. The river is another A. I check again this time ready to snap off a bet. $20 from the man who apparently hates money/value is the final river bet. "Call" I announce and throw my chips across the table. "I got a boat, A3" says the monster whale. Thanks for the river Gregg. 

Losing touch with reality, I had a troubling discussion with Jon "FlopASetEveryHandLiveandDoubleWhenWeArentChopping" Rash on the way home from the game. "I can't do it anymore" I whined. "I'm tired of losing and I'm starting to play bad because I just expect to lose every hand." He quickly told me to shut up and that I should just quit for a week and spend time relaxing away from poker. I love this idea and I told him I was going to do it. So immediately when I got back I bought some action of Zack's tournaments and begun grinding online. Meh. Well I'm going to take a break...Starting tomorrow...Maybe. 

Well, we just min cashed in the Turbo Fiddy and now it's time to ship the Turbo Hundo. And by that I mean bubble. 

-Mazin

1 comment:

  1. That monster fish needs to be skinned. Sitting on pocket KKs pre and popped to $12, which he instantly called.

    Flop is like 789. Lead out $22 which he calls like he had 10-J, i.e. smooooooth.

    Turn a 5. Another $22 bet, snap call.

    Rivers a 6 for the straight on the board. Oh, and jackass called $20 only to show 5-2 off. Are you flipping kidding me. Who calls $12 pre-flop with 5-2 off? That fucker is done next week.

    ReplyDelete