I'm currently blogging live from the front of NC State's Talley Student Center. Why? That's actually a phenomenal question. It's 4:15 AM so there is absolutely no reason a man like me should be on NC State's campus, let alone with a computer in hand and connected to the internet. Well it all started as another standard night at College Inn.
We arrived home from The Estate just in time for the evening grind. Speaking of the Estate, I took my standard cooler there tonight. Raise from Nick in early position and 2 or 3 callers. I called in the small blind with J8s. Jc 8c 5h flop. I check, Nick checks, Teddy Ball Game leads for 11, I raise to 36, Nick shoves. I tank, and by tank I mean snap it off and say "Another sick cooler". Nick flips over JJ for top set and I'm all but dead. Thanks again dealers.
Anyway, so back to why I'm awake at this hour and on NC State's campus. I got back from The Estate with a degenerate desire for tournament grinding. Since I'm crazy busto I had to convince Rash to let me play on his account by freerolling him for 15%. It was a tiny 127 field with a $33 buyin and I got crazy deep before taking a sick beat (middle set on open ended straight draw, the butt naked kind) and then eventually blinded down and mincashed. Sweet. Standard Bull for me.
I then decided to play a couple sit and goes with my huge $49 winnings. Zack is at the beach and his internet kept disconnecting so he called Nick and had him jump in and finish up some terrible $33 HORSE tournament on Stars. As Nick started playing and I fired up my sit and goes, our internet went down. Hard. It was out cold and we had no choice but to run to the car. When I say run I don't mean speed walk down the stairs and jog to the car. Nick and I were in a dead sprint with laptops in hand. We drove to Talley, connected to NC State's internet, and here we are, grinding away. There was actually a point in the trip where I was playing while driving on campus. Multitasking at it's finest. Nick is still in the HORSE tournament and I just bubbled one Sit and Go and won the other.
If this isn't the definition of two sick grinders, I don't know what is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm not so sure you guys don't have cameras following you in order to complete the pilot season of a new Travel Channel reality poker show "Raleigh Rounders"...
ReplyDelete