Friday, July 17, 2009

Two Interesting Hands

Just played a quick session... have two hands to post that I feel like are fairly interesting.



First one. I feel like I can fold the flop here vs. this guy who is extremely nitty, but there are just so many wrap+ fds in his range. I feel like he rarely AA or 77 especially in a single raised pot and I have blockers. My plan on the flop was to call and then get it in on many blank turns. Looking back vs. the guy I think folding is the optimal play. On the turn I don't think I can ever fold. The only hand I'm behind now, that I wasn't on the flop obv, is like a wierd 53 combination hand, many of which he folds in the SB. Discussion appreciated.


This guy is a wierdo. I timed down pretty far before calling. Flop and Turn are obv blocker bluffs. Its really hard for him to have QJ here I feel like, but its also really hard for him to have a hand that called twice and now be turning it into a bluff. It seems the only real bluffs he can have are sets, and two pairs+ FD, which I guess make up a decent % of his range. And I had two jacks in my hand so how can he possibly have QJ right?. Even while posting this I am in between a on what the optimal play is. I feel like he has to have QJ with no hearts, diamonds or even two pair to reraise flop or turn. I think this is a really interesting hand.



One hand I thought was funny. The guy typed in chat after the hand, "sick cooler." I responded with, "Yeah tough to get away from that"



In the non-poker world I'm heading back to Charlotte tomorrow to hang out with some old friends hopefully. Hit me up if your reading this and want to hang out.


Later

1 comment:

  1. In response to weirdo hand...As a donkey of the poker world, the only thing I can see as a "red flag" is when the guy smooth called the turn. That's a ballsy call with the nuts and two flush draws looming...a better player would raise...not that I know, but I've seen them do it on TV all the time...but with a blank hitting the river, once he bets, he's clearly got 2 high or the nuts...reminds me of a hand I was in last night pitted agains the world's greatest poker player John "Legal in Wyoming" Rash...as I am also a nit...I would have folded to his "all of the sudden" coming alive bet on the river...it is the world's worst bluff card, and even if he is an idiot, what are you betting on the flop, and turn that you're folding on the river? If he's not bluffing...the worst hand he would lead the river with is top set...but then again...what do I know...

    ReplyDelete