I know that when we first started this blog it was mostly to bitch about running bad, mediocre results, and getting crushed in the live games, but hey sometimes things change for the better. Don't get me wrong, I'm still getting crushed in the live games but I'm on some type of sick heater online. After nearly a year and a half without a 2k+ score online, this last week has been unreal...
Starting on black friday, I fired up the $163 75k on FullTilt and decided to just grind one tournament while hanging out with my family in Ohio for thanksgiving. Even though I was more than confident I was simply donating my usual $150 ($13 juice) to the prizepool, this tournament for a change, had a different purpose. As the clock passed into Saturday's AM, I found myself with a top 5 stack in the money. This is a feeling I'm all too familiar with. It's sometime in the next hour where I usually take some type of sick beat and mincash making the whole tournament a frustrating waste of time. Not this time. Every 20 hands was chased with AA or KK doubling everytime. I've never seen a run of cards like I had in this tournament. Before I knew it I had made it. I was at the final table and guaranteed around 1500 in prize money. I rallied the Raleigh crowd to get on and sweat and even got phantom rail appearances from both Jay Smith and Mike Finn. Although I wasn't able to punch it in for the win I scored a cool 7k for 4th place and turned on a fire hotter than the sun.
A few days later I fired up the $216 50k Turbo at 6 PM, a tournament I had always wanted to play but was just a little too high buyin for me. Another stunning final table and another 4th place for 6k. Somehow, I wasn't done there. The week long heater was still in the making. Yesterday I fired up the $117 super turbo, the $50r turbo, and the $109 turbo on stars. I final tabled all 3 events. Although I continue to fail at winning, my scores were 7th for 1.4k, 5th for 2.2k, and 2nd for 5.9k respectfully.
Now I know you're all saying "Not too shabby for 10 days of work" but you have to put this in perspective. I haven't had a big score in almost a year and a half. So although the winnings are sweet, the work that went into these scores was a lot more than the actual time playing these 5 events.
Now in boring life news: Finals are creeping up and this is going to be a true test of my dedication to school. I'm going to have to put poker aside on this sick heater and focus on school (good joke right?). Hopefully I can get through these classes and then enjoy break. Oh, speaking of break. I'm trying to qualify for the PCA so that I can go enjoy 7 days in the Caribbean while playing in a live tournament I can actually play (its 18+ instead of 21). I still need someone to come with me though and all of team estate is either too busto, busy with work/mcats, or just doesn't like me enough to come. Hopefully I can find someone to join me for alcohol induced comas at the beach and live tournament poker...
That's all I got for now but hopefully the run good will continue. For all of those who still read this from time to time, thank you so so much for your support. I really do appreciate it.
Mazin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment