Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Break, PCA Sweats, and VEGAS baby!

Before I get on with this post I just want to say I'm both in shock and in disbelief that Nick Hatley has made a glorious return to StandardBull.

A good bit has changed since I last wrote. Exams are over (brutality, baby!), everyone is home for the holidays, and I have no money online. Exams took their course and I pretty much did how I expected to do. Needless to say it's good to have this semester behind me and I'm looking forward to redemption starting January 11th. Being home, although sometimes rewarding to sleep in my old bed, can be very boring at times. I find myself sitting on the couch dazing away at the TV for hours without any plans of even moving during the day. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see the fam and spend some "quality" time, but it just gets old. Sucks I'm already saying this 3 days into break haha. Oh well. After a bad case of balleritis, I've cared less and less about good amounts of money over the last few weeks. In doing so, I've dumped a fair share of my winnings back into the poker community, withdrawn my roll, and decided to take a break over the holidays and get my head back.

Staking hasn't gone so well either. Although Nick has made a sick comeback in the stake and is proudly in the green, Zack "I bust rolls" Caldwell has decided to empty the clip of his plo stake into the hands of .50/1 regs. Although variance is part of the game, it's still pretty disappointing to watch that money burn. Hopefully I can ride the Hatley 'getrichyerdme' train into the sunset.

Although my bank account shows a good bit of depletion since the scores, not all of this has gone down the drain. I've bought up around 2k of PCA pieces throughout the 2+2 community. With players who seem like solid investments, I've bought anywhere from 1-5% of their main event action. Although it seems like a small amount if one of them somehow makes a deep run and binks off a win it will be a cool $30-35k for me. Not too shabby for a $120 investment. So, one time, gl me, etc.

Finally, I've just booked tickets to the beautiful and ever tempting sin city. Jan2-6 are the dates and it looks like the crew will be Rash, Bryan, hopefully Zack, and myself. We will be staying with the infamous Huckleberry Finn and shipping boatloads of run good in the live game.

Watch out Venetian! You may have stuck me (Nick's wallet) for 3 or 4 buyins before, but redemption is here.

2 comments:

  1. its a sad day when bryan is more degen to goto vegas than zack caldwell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we don't just demolish the world...I'm going to be sorely disappointed...and Zack HAS to come...otherwise we won't get to destroy the Presidential Villa he'll get comp'd for losing 3K betting hard 10's...gross...

    ReplyDelete