Friday, October 23, 2009

The Life Grind

It's been a long time since anyone has really blogged about our lives and such but that's mostly because none of us do anything anymore...

I've been sick for the last few weeks as I wrote about earlier. After a hospital visit and some blood work they figured it out. I have mono. As you can imagine getting mono mid-semester is a pretty sick beat but at least you can only get it once...or so they say. Knowing how bad I run who knows. Almost as if it was planned ole Rashoid only 1 day before my hospital visit was rushed to the ER with appendicitis. The good news is we're both better now and back on the life grind.

The poker world is going better than expected as well. Not only have I grinded out my newly formed estate debt (yes Finn, I lose there even when you're gone), but I also somehow got staked online to play $26 tournaments (mostly 45/90 mans with some MTTs mixed in) and I can't even begin to tell you how good that's going. We agreed to do a 50/50 profit split with him putting up a $2600 (standard 100 buyins) roll for me to play. We're going to withdraw profits every 250 games and the stake is to last for 1000 games. It does kinda suck to have to ship out half of my winnings but the comfort of not playing on my own dollar and being actually rolled for the games I'm in is great. Also the guy is an extremely nice guy who gives me a lot of freedom in game selection. I can't really complain. So far after 150 games I'm up almost 2k on the stake so I'm off to a very hot start. Let's hope it lasts.

In the life world things are a bit tough right now. Since I missed a week or so of school I'm pretty far behind in all my classes and it's starting to catch up with me. Also being actually rolled online, I can't lie, is affecting my effort in school a wee bit. Hopefully I can get my shit together and finish up the semester on a good note.

Other than that not much has really changed. Nick still gets his day started around 3PM, Zack is still crazy in love, and Ebe is grinding out his 6PM-6AM work shift 4 days a week (sick life). If no one else is going to keep the blog alive, I'll write again soon. I feel like I've dominated the blog for the last few months, but who doesn't want to hear from the best AMIRITE?!

MDaddy

2 comments: