Friday, April 22, 2011

Job Caldwell

Now that poker is out for me I am pursuing other options. I've had a few interviews over the last week and they have all gone pretty well. They've also helped me realize what I'm looking for in a career. I've always struggled with the idea of working for "the man" because everyone who I know seems to dislike their job. And by dislike I mean they either hate their boss, their coworkers, the nature of their work, or their pay. I have always wanted to freedom to make my own decision and make money based on how hard I work, not by how long I've been at a particular job. Although, I suppose a stable, reliable job that will kick start my life financially doesn't sound all that bad. I still one day would like to own my own business and be independent of all the politics and frustrations that the job environment creates. My ultimate goal is to become a financial analyst, even though my degree is in accounting. What most people don't realize is that the two have a great deal in common and I think my skill set is much more geared towards the analytical nature of finance. My friend Josh is also helping me out and trying to get me a job at RBC bank. I think this could be a great opportunity because it pays fairly well and it also will help me get my foot in the door and allow me to advance up the ranks. I'm very thankful for him, and my other friends, who are always doing what they can to help me out and they have my best interests in mind. Having said all that, I'm excited about my horizons and the prospect of being employed again. Hope things work out like I'm intending, and here's to new beginnings.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment