Being home for the holidays is certainly nice. My dad's lame jokes, mom's overreactions, and my sister's delusional rambles all keep me entertained for a few days. There is something about family that is truly irreplaceable. With that being said, after a few days it gets really boring. Not that I'm bored of their company per say, but more that I'm bored of sitting at home with nothing interesting to fill my day. I know some of you are thinking "yeah mazin, but you never do anything no matter where you are" and you're probably right, but being around friends (the 1 or 2 that I have) and grinding online is usually enough entertainment for me.
At home, there's nothing. Not much grinding to be done on my tiny laptop, no friends close by, and not enough alcohol to make the day pass. I have had a couple crutches in dealing with this boredom though. My new iPad for one (yes, I know, I'm a sellout) and movies on demand for the second. Who knew you could spend twenty bucks on movies in just a few days without leaving the couch? Especially someone who already has a netflix account. But as time wears on I can't help but see the glimmering light at the end of the tunnel, Vegas! It's the only thing getting me through the boredom right now. The idea that in less than four days, I'll be grinding 2/5 and (hopefully) 5/10 at the venetian and preparing for a wild new years eve. There really is something about that city; the people in charge of marketing are geniuses.
In poker news, I'd be lying if I didn't say that the StandardBull crew has had some really close moments over the last few months. I've had some really deep warmup/million runs that led to pennies on the dollar, Nick took down an 11 rebuy, Zack finished 10th (disgusting) in the two-day mini FTOPS, and Rash has MADE IT OUT OF THE MICROS. We've had some of those "dare to be great" or "life changing" moments that have come up short. But hey, that's why tournament suck right?
Aside from this, not much has changed. The canes still continue their suck-streak, my dad is still running around the house telling me about how "good" the food my mom is cooking is, my mom continues to challenge me to debates, and my sister has run back to her home far far away. Now if only I could get the 10 minutes back from my life to write this and you could take the 2 minutes back to read.
Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year to all 3 you,
Mazin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment